Mercury Spill Kit
Special sorbent to soak up mercury
RAW Mercury Spill Kits are mercury sorbents that are especially designed for the safe handling of mercury spills. Conventional chemical sorbents are not suitable for absorbing mercury, as they repel mercury or chemical reactions take place. It is necessary to employ special mercury sorbents.
General information on mercury
Mercury is a toxic heavy metal that occurs in liquid form already at room temperature and under normal pressure conditions. Exposed to room temperature, it begins to evaporate and forms toxic vapours.
It is possible to come into contact with mercury when, for example, mercury thermometers break releasing mercury. Direct inhalation of mercury vapours is the cause of toxicity. This is called acute poisoning. Chronic poisoning is also possible when people are exposed to small amounts for a long time.
Emergency Kit with 100 g special Mercury Sorbent to soak up mercury, scoop, brush, Pasteur pipettes and empty containment vessel. The absorption capacity is 1:1, this means that it is possible to soak up 100 g of mercury with the included Mercury Sorbent amounting to 100g.
Recommended by the German Accident Prevention and Insurance Association of the Chemical Industry (BG Chemie) in the Bulletin for mercury and its compounds M 024 4/85.